CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
Effective January 1, 2020, if you are a California resident, you have expanded rights regarding the collection and disclosure of information about yourself as part of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA).
Only you or your authorized representative may make these requests. You may make requests for data disclosure or portability no more than twice in a 12-month period. In your request, you must provide enough information to allow us to verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information, or their authorized representative. You must also describe your request with enough detail so that we can understand, evaluate and respond to it. We can’t respond to your request if we can’t verify your identity. Making such a request does not require you to create an account with us, and we will only use the information you provide in a request to verify your identity. Authorized representatives must provide a signed, written permission to make such requests or power of attorney. You may also make a request on behalf of your minor child.
If you have questions about any of these rights, please call us at 1-877-203-2262.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Do Not Sell
In accordance with the CCPA, if you are 16 years or older, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. Consumers who we know are under 16 are already opted-out of this sale of information, unless they have specifically exercised their right to opt-in. A parent or guardian must provide an opt-in for consumers less than 13.
Crown Media does not now, nor have we in the past, sell consumer information to third parties for financial gain. What we sometimes do is to track your device by sending non-identifying information to partners, who then use it to provide you relevant marketing messages. When we do this, your personal information (name, phone number, etc.) is not shared with them.
Information We Collect
Below are the categories and examples of information we collect, along with how we use that information. Unless otherwise noted, we collect this information from our users, customers and service providers. Unless otherwise noted, we use this information to enable use of our sites, services and products; to communicate with you; to understand how users interact with our site; and to improve our products and services. Unless otherwise noted, we may share this information with our service providers.
• Identifiers such as name, mailing address, IP address, email address or account name. We may generate these identifiers internally, such as a Crown Rewards membership number.
• Personal information categories such as name, signature, address or phone number. (Information in this category may overlap with other categories.)
• Protected classification characteristics including age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, marital status, and veteran/military status.
• Internet/network activity, such as browsing history, search history, banners you click, and pages you visit on our site.
• Commercial information such as what you purchase or consider purchasing from us and other requests you make. This information allows us to complete those transactions and deliver your orders in a timely manner.
• Geolocation data, such as the location of your computer or mobile device. This helps us show you the nearest stores to your location.
• Sensory data such as audio, electronic, visual or similar information.
• Inferences drawn from other personal information may be generated internally. These inferences may include preferences, characteristics, predispositions and behaviors, and are used to help us provide you more relevant products and services and provide a better experience on our website and apps. We do not share this information.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use it in materially different purposes without providing you notice. Your personal information may be shared with third parties for business purpose (“service providers”). Service providers are required to keep the personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose other than what is specified in what is outlined in our contract with them.
Right to Know
In accordance with the CCPA, you have the right to know what information we have collected about you. You can request us to disclose this personal information no more than twice in a 12-month period. This information will be provided in an accessible format that allows you to transmit your data from one entity to another.
If you would like a list of the information we maintain, we will email it to you within 45 days of your request. If we require more time (up to 90 days) we’ll let you know this, and the reason why, in writing. Visit Customer Care or call 1-877-203-2262 to proceed with this request.
Right to Delete
In accordance with the CCPA, you have the right to request that we delete the information we have about you. Crown Media offers several services that require certain information in order to work. Deleting your information can affect your ability to:
• Earn exclusive offers and coupons
• Maintain membership to Crown Rewards and Keepsake Ornament Club
• Access services like Hallmark Movies Now and Hallmark eCards
• Get the inside scoop on the exciting new surprises Crown Media is working on
We will attempt to complete your request within 45 days. If we require more time (up to 90 days) we’ll let you know this, and the reason why, in writing. To proceed, visit Customer Care or call 1-877-203-2262 to provide the information we need to validate your request.