- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- Dash hot sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 4 English muffins, split
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 4 tomato slices
Bursting with lots of crabmeat, these warm sandwiches make a luxurious supper.
1. In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, lime juice, mustard, chives, hot sauce, salt, and pepper until blended. Fold in crabmeat. Refrigerate mixture at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat broiler. Lightly butter English muffins; toast until golden-brown. Lay four muffin halves, buttered-side up, on a baking sheet. Top each with a generous 1/2 cup of the crab mixture; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Broil muffins until cheese melts and crab is warmed through. 3. Top warm sandwiches with a tomato slice and remaining muffin tops.
Tip: Always pick over crabmeat to make sure there are no tiny shell pieces.
Recipe from " Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove Cookbook."