- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 cups baby spinach (about 12 ounces)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2/3 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
Shallots, a very mild onion, add punch to the dressing for this dark green salad. Toasted walnuts add crunch.
Instructions: 1. In a large serving bowl, whisk shallot, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper until blended. Add oil in a steady stream, whisking to blend well. 2. Add spinach, tomatoes and walnuts; toss to coat. Tip: If you can't find baby spinach, substitute baby romaine or spring greens--regular spinach is too tough for this salad. Recipe from " Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove Cookbook."